1/22/2013 4:34:02 PM
Our intent of this program is to hire recent graduates for intellect, attitude and desire versus industry/work experience as we have great mentors in place to teach the IGS and industry specifics.
Our goal is to prepare the candidate to take on key roles of increasing responsibility within our company. Current emphasis may be placed on our Accounting, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations, Project Management, Risk, and Supply departments.
- Assignment to Business Analysis team for basic methodology, business requirements gathering and project scheduling.
- Assignment to Supply team to understand basics of scheduling, utility operations, pipeline operations, and pricing.
- Assignment to Risk team for a general overview of risk management and required hedging tools.
- Assignment to Operations team to understand the flow of information and daily transactions between IGS and utility partners.
- Understand basics of transaction settlements, risk administration, and gross margin accounting.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong experience using both Microsoft Excel and Access
- Driven to succeed and continued improvement spirit
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Ideal candidates will possess a degree in business, MIS, accounting/finance, marketing, logistics, or economics.
- Some relevant internship or work experience.
Daniel Lim, 2009-2012 Rotation Analyst, “The rotation program is truly a great experience. Being able to see the company from a “360 view” is a unique opportunity. IGS is a fast paced and growing company which calls for a high level of engagement and hands-on learning, especially as a rotation analyst. I see myself almost as an internal consultant helping and understanding each department with a continuous improvement mindset. One of my favorite parts of the program is that I have been able to meet and establish good friendships with so many people in the company".
Kristen Stovell, 2009-2011 Rotation Analyst, “It gave me the opportunity right out of college to learn not only about the industry but how each department within IGS works together to be successful. I think it gave me a unique perspective that I would not have otherwise been able to have and allowed me to take things that I’ve learned from each department into my new role… The rotation allowed me to spend some time learning about the business and what my strengths and weaknesses were and I think that time was extremely valuable.”
Apply for this job