Where We Work and Live
Big-city amenities. Small-city cost of living. Just two of the reasons we love being in central Ohio.
IGS Energy is headquartered just twenty miles northwest of downtown Columbus in Dublin, Ohio. A large and modern suburb, Dublin is home to many businesses and offers great recreation, shopping, restaurants, and schools. Our close proximity to Columbus puts world-class entertainment on our doorstep.
Columbus at a glance
- Columbus is the largest city in Ohio, and the 15th largest city in the United States from the latest US census.
- Fifteen Fortune 1,000 companies are headquartered in Columbus, including six Fortune 500 companies.
- In 2007, fDi magazine ranked Columbus as the No. 3 “city of the future” in the U.S. In 2008, Forbes magazine ranked the city as the No. 1 up-and-coming tech city in the nation. The raves continued in 2009, when BusinessWeek named the area as the best place in the country to raise a family. And in 2010, Columbus was ranked a Top Ten city by Relocate America.
- Columbus is home to The Ohio State University—one of the nation’s largest.
- Four high schools in the area are among the Top Ten in the state, including nearby Dublin Jerome high school.
- You can find every dining experience imaginable in Columbus, from Ethiopian cuisine to Spanish tapas. Lively neighborhoods with ample restaurant choices include the Short North Arts District, the Brewery District, University District, German Village, and Harrison West.
- Columbus’ own Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream offers tasty temptations at locations throughout the area.
- You can’t live in Columbus without trying Donatos pizza, founded here in 1963. Lovers of thin-crust pizza won’t be disappointed!
- Satisfy your cultural cravings at the Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus Symphony, BalletMet, and the Franklin Park Conservatory
- Kid-friendly fun is found at the Columbus Zoo (Ranked the No. 1 zoo in the country by USA Travel Guide), Zoombezi Bay water park, and the COSI Science Center
- The annual Dublin Irish Festival is the second largest celebration of its kind in the country, and brings the spirit of the Emerald Isle right to our own back yard
- Business First ranked Columbus as the No. 4 city for shopping in America. Two outstanding shopping destinations are Easton Town Center, an indoor/outdoor entertainment, dining, retail and residential village; and Polaris Fashion Place, one of the region’s largest indoor malls.
- The exciting Arena District is an all-in-one urban destination, with entertainment venues, restaurants, movie theaters, nightclubs, offices, apartments and condos.
- A wide range of venues in Columbus host shows such as Broadway productions, pop concerts, comedy, and the annual Ohio State Fair.
- Family-friendly parks abound, from the urban Columbus Commons to the Metro Parks on the outskirts. Miles of protected trails offer challenges to walkers and cyclists.
- The prestigious Memorial Golf Tournament, founded by Jack Nicklaus, attracts the world’s top golfers to Dublin every year.
- Columbus is home to an impressive list of sports teams:
- The Columbus Blue Jackets, Ohio’s only NHL Team, plays hockey at Nationwide Arena.
- The Columbus Clippers play minor league baseball in newly built Huntington Park.
- The Columbus Crew, 2008 MLS Cup Champions, play soccer at Columbus Crew Stadium.
- The Ohio Machine plays major league lacrosse in nearby Delaware, Ohio.
- The Ohio State University Buckeyes basketball and football teams play in two of the most beautiful collegiate stadiums in the country. The public is welcome to attend a long list of Big 10 sporting events on campus.
IGS in the community
A city the size of Columbus has many charitable events throughout the year, from Race for the Cure to the prestigious Pelotonia cycling fundraiser. IGS Energy gives back to our community, and supports our employees’ commitment to causes that matter to them. From food drives, to the Salvation Army, to Junior Achievement, the range of endeavors supported by IGS Energy and its employees is both personal and inspirational.