A trusted energy advisor, now
in your area.
For more than 25 years, IGS Energy has been an advocate for change in the energy industry, seeking positive change in the way we manage and consume energy resources. Today, more than 1,000,000 people across the nation trust IGS Energy to supply their natural gas and electricity, and rely on us to help them make smart energy decisions.
As one of the nation’s largest independent energy suppliers, we work hard to provide Texas with great electricity rates and exceptional customer service, offering fixed rate, variable rate, and green energy plan options.Go to top
Texas service options
IGS Energy has great product options available for Texas residents.
Get competitive rates regardless of your preference:
- Fixed rates to lock in a price regardless of energy stock market fluctuations
- Variable rates for those looking to take advantage of market fluctuations
- Green energy products with 100% Texas wind
Gain peace of mind from knowing that you’re covered for an unexpected utility line or HVAC expense:
- Inside line protection (e.g. electric, sewer and water lines)
- Full utility line protection (e.g. inside and outside electric, sewer and water lines)
- HVAC and system protection (e.g. central air, furnace and HVAC unit coverage)
- Complete protection (e.g. all lines and HVAC/system coverage)
Your Texas electricity options
If you prefer stable and predictable electricity costs, you can enroll in a fixed rate plan. With a fixed rate, you have peace of mind knowing that if rates go up, yours won’t. If you would like to take advantage of competitive variable rates in the energy market, you can enroll in a variable rate plan.
We also offer our go green™ electricity products, giving you an easy and affordable way to support an energy initiative that embraces all forms of domestic energy production, while expanding existing conservation efforts.
In order to secure your electric service, you’ll need to provide one of the following:
- Permission for a credit check, which can be conveniently completed online on our SSL-secured website
- A deposit in the amount of $300, returnable at the end of the contract term
- A proof of exemption form for qualified customers
Why Home Protection?
Our Home Protection plans have helped save homeowners more than $5,000,000 in total repair costs!
Did you know you own the gas, electric, water, and sewer lines inside and outside your home? This means when your lines fail, you are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement which can be as much as $4,500!
In order to protect you from costly repairs that are often not budgeted or covered by homeowners insurance, IGS Energy is offering a variety of home protection plans to cover your utility lines and HVAC systems. You can get covered for as little as $14.95 a month. Learn more about your home protection options.Go to top
Did you know? Texas energy quick facts
- Texas accounted for about 29% of U.S. marketed natural gas production in 2013, making it the leading natural gas producer among the states.
- Texas leads the nation in wind-powered generation capacity with over 12,000 megawatts.
- The average annual electricity cost per Texas household is $1,801, among the highest in the nation.